Friday, September 22, 2017

Livescribe 3 pressure sensor

The Livescribe 3 is a nice piece of engineering as I found out today. The pressure sensor hadn't been working properly for a long time and was either working flawlessly as before or required some wiggling and testing before I could be sure it was registering my handwriting at all. In other words, it became almost completely useless and offline writing couldn't be depended on. It was out of warranty and the only support Livescribe offered was to buy a new one.

It turns out that, with some trial and error, you can take the pen apart and wiggle the pressure sensor back into place for reliable and flawless operation. I didn't find any guides to do so and if this little news doesn't solve your pressure sensor problem I'll post a guide on how to take it apart and reach the pressure sensor.
Post a Comment